Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Please Explain the "Reaction Score" System

LiftDivergence

Aerospace
Jan 15, 2014
US
I see in the forums that each post now keeps track of a "reaction score" (the thumbs up). Based on how this is accumulated (the up/down arrows on the right of each post), it seems like this is intended to be a direct replacement to the "little purple star" system.

However, on the members landing page (https://www.eng-tips.com/members/) all of the reaction scores seem to have started from zero since the change.

I note that I can still see the old accumulated "LPS" score if you go to any forum and then click on the "MVPs".

Further, I note that there is now a "points" system (the trophy icon) which seems to be simply related to the number of posts you've made, which is completely new.

My questions are:
1. Do the MVP scores still mean anything and does the reaction score add to those totals or are they effectively "dead"?
2. What happened to our MVP status / icons. I worked hard to achieve that!
3. Are there any plans to retain the "hot forums" feature and MVP feature on the homepage or are we doing away with that?
4. What happened to the "click here to see a breakdown of my posts by year / month" feature? That was extremely useful.

AT First, I admire your development efforts, and wish you all the best course of engineering success. Just one point "Might be Iam Old" just the writings are fade and not clear (as before) to read or to follow up. dark colors (with high contrast could be added as an option for the Form Display settings). Again I repeat my sincere admiration to your work.
Adnan.

I agree with ALK2415. The site makes excessive use of faint font.
To which I would add that the site's various pages have acres (even hectares) of totally unnecessary white space. Can this be lessened. Not everybody likes to give their mouse a good run in the morning.

Try going to the bottom of the page and clicking on "style chooser". Then switch to "default style" and see if you prefer that.

Back