Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please help me How to create this surface finish symbol using Autodesk Inventor Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechatrons

Mechanical
Oct 17, 2013
NO
Hello Guys,

I am fun of reading this site because it gave me more knowledge and I learned a lot with you guys.

But right now, please help me create the surface finish symbol that I am to complete for my customer.
I am a mechanical Engr. and using Autodesk Inventor 2013. I need to complete the surface finish symbol that is inside the parentheses.
I am really new to this software because I am using CATIA and UG NX 5. but may be a lilte time to practice and this will be fine for me.. I read tutorials and not find it. or may be I will have to go out more to see and

Please see attached file for your reference..

I knew how to create a basic symbols but not that 2 guys inside the parentheses.

I hope I can hear your replies.. Thank you so much guys..

Best regards,

Machanicel Design Eng

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello Guys,

Am So sorry for that.. I was reading the tragic news somewhere in Asia. And not aware of the wrong attachment..

Please understand also because I am new of this site and was thinking that Autodesk and AutoCAD topics are just a mixed thing..

But I am so sorry. This is I think a good lesson to me..

Thank you so much anyways..

have a nice day..

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=fdc28346-51d9-4192-a26e-3bf2e593e84c&file=WORK_LOAD_01.001.jpg
Mechatrons, make your own attributed blocks as this symbol is not difficult to make. You just have to make sure that this symbol is properly sized and the attributes are of the correct height and font.

...make your own attributed blocks as this symbol is not difficult to make

How is that done in Autodesk Inventor?
Why would you attempt to do that in Autodesk Inventor when the surface finish symbol tool(complete with dialog box interface) already exists in Autodesk Inventor as indicated in previous attached image?

I recommend going back to the beginning of this thread and read the original problem description and each response.

Hello Guys, thank you so much to the very nice and good inpts.. even if I was in the wrong place of making my post..

Yuo still help me.. Thanks and more power..

Best Regards.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back