Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please Help - Pro Table/assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcharles

Mechanical
May 14, 2001
GB
I have an assembly on which a layout is declared, from entering values on this layout determines the component sizes. There are relations built into, not just the layout and assembly, but the part as well.

What I want to achieve is produce an automatic list if component sizes on a sheet of paper i.e. in a table on a layout. This would give me some idea of ordering billet sizes from the steelyard. I believe it is impossible to show a dimension/parameter from a part, onto a layout. With this being the case, what is the best solution for my problem.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Actually, the Layout is only outputting values to tyour parts or assemblies. You cannot use a parameter or dimension from a part or assembly to appear in a Layout. Layouts are uni-directrional (out only).

So if you need to show some dimensions for billets, then make additional relations (in the Layout) to calculate these dims.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back