Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please I found this very confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehaviv

Computer
Jul 2, 2003
IL
Hi
In this builder document help.

What is the difference between
this
“Save As of master parts”
and this
"Save As New Item Type"

Please I found this very confused.
Can someone give an example.

Thank you very much.

Code:
PartManager.NewPartFromPartBuilder
Create an instance of a part builder that creates a new part from an existing part.

This is analagous to a File SaveAs operation in NX Manager mode.

This method will throw an error if the session is not running in NX Manager mode.

NXOpen.PDM.PartFromTemplateBuilder is a singleton meaning only one instance of it can exist at one time. Calling this method will destroy the builder if one already exists and return a new instance.

Deprecated in NX10 for “Save As of master parts” operation. This should only be used in case of Save As Non Master parts and Save As New Item Type Operations. For Save As of master parts, use NXOpen.PDM.PartOperationCopyBuilder instead.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Both Save as of non masters and save as new item type are ONLY relevant if/when you run NX under Teamcenter.
A non master, for example a drawing can then be saved in a different item than original
A new item type means that if you have different item types for different tasks, this option allows you save as , as a different type of item.
Imagine for example you have one item type for prototypes and a different type for production.

Regards,
Tomas

Tomas I'm vt thank you.

Your explanation is clear.
But I'm still have a question about

A non master, for example a drawing can then be saved in a different item than original

Is this means that I can save a drawing
Of partA (partA_dwg1) on partB.
And if so is the save is dwg only
Without components.

Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back