Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

PLEM DESIGN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khansahib

Chemical
Nov 24, 2006
US
Being an experience Process Engineer I have been asked to Design a PLEM. First I got lost what is PLEM then found out What is PLEM. The datasheet given to me is entirly different than a Manifold data sheet. Appreciate experts help. I have been told it is for inhouse design and not for submission to any client. The data sheet says as follows:
Section A: PLEM; Slot Number: 4("), Outline Size: 6", Pigging Loop: Flanged, SCM: XT, Install: Vessel
Section B: TEMPLATE; N/A
Section C: FOUNDATION & PROTECTION; Type: Gravity, Impact Load: 10kg over 100 mm dia
Section D: CONNECTION; With: Flow Line, Type: Vertical, Size: 6", Quantity: 4("), Insulation: 4 W/m2K, Hub: Graylock 8 GR 62
UMBLICAL CONNECTION; Hydraulic Jumper: Type: Diverless, Electrical Jumper: 4 way Qty: 1
Can anyone help me in understanding of the datasheet and a rough design, appreciated much.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It is a "pipeline end manifold".
Google the quoted text and you will find many wildly different examples and pictures.

Independent events are seldomly independent.

Khansahib,

I admire your confidence, but it might be misplaced. An error in your design may be hugely expensive to fix. Should you employ an engineer with relevant experience ??

Subsea manifold design is not something you can be taught via an internet forum.

The data sheet you have is insufficient. You do not have required information to be able to design this.

You haven't identified what aspect of the design you are responsible for; Piping, Controls, Structure, Foundation etc.

Do you have a Basis for Design?

From what you have written I see:

You have a 4 slot manifold, with 6" piping including a pigging loop, subsea control module and you state a christmas tree, so I assume this is a template manifold?? The stucture is probably lift installed? On bottom stability is gravity based (weight). You also have a number of controls and tie ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back