Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Plot Stamp.... 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKinzenbaw

Civil/Environmental
Jul 7, 2003
US
Is there some trick to using the "plotstamp" function. I've changed all the setting to what I want and I have turned "on" the plot stamp within the print dialog box. I am confused on why I can't get this to work? Does anyone have any imput? Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That's just it---I type in the command "plotstamp" then within the dialog box I give the text a height, location, etc... then plot my drawing and there is nothing. I'm sure it is something easy but I have tried every option within the dialog box and I can't get it to show up. I've used this before with ACAD 2000 and now I'm using 2004, just thought that mabey they have changed something on me.

In the settings, try toying with the units settings (inches/millimeters). That might do it.

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right "
.. Henry Ford

At my company we use an autolisp routine called ddts, it will show the file location, filename, date, and time. It also saves the file in the current directory.If you want to try using it go ahead and paste the following lisp routine in notepad, and save it as ddts.lsp

Hope this helps,
Don

;;; ***** DDTS.LSP *****
;;;
;;; Places Drawing name, Date and Time Stamp at lower left corner of drawing
;;;
(defun c:DDTS (/ CE AP CL DP DN CD MX HR MN LM LX DX TH DS MO YR TS TM UN TX OSM)
(setq OSM (getvar "OSMODE"))
(setvar "OSMODE" 0)
(setq CE (getvar "CMDECHO"))
(setvar "CMDECHO" 0)
(setq TS (getvar "TEXTSIZE"))
(setq AP "AM"
CL (getvar "CLAYER")
DP (getvar "DWGPREFIX")
DN (getvar "DWGNAME")
UN (GETENV "U")
CD (rtos (getvar "CDATE") 2 4)
MX (atoi (substr CD 5 2))
HR (atoi (substr CD 10 2))
MN (substr CD 12 2)
LM (getvar "LIMMIN")
LX (getvar "LIMMAX")
DX (distance LM LX)
TH (/ DX 552)
DS (polar LM (/ pi 5) (/ DX 60))
;;;DS (polar LM (/ pi 6) (/ DX 100)) [orig]
MO (nth MX '(nil "JAN" "FEB" "MAR" "APR" "MAY" "JUN"
"JUL" "AUG" "SEP" "OCT" "NOV" "DEC"))
)
(if (>= HR 12) (setq AP "PM"))
(if (>= HR 13) (setq HR (itoa (- HR 12))) (setq HR (itoa HR)))

(setq YR (strcat "DATE: " MO " " (substr CD 7 2) ", " (substr CD 1 4)))
(setq TM (strcat "DWG. NAME: " DP "" DN " " YR " TIME: " HR ":" MN " " AP))
(command ".LAYER" "T" "DATESTAMP" "")
(command ".LAYER" "N" "DATESTAMP" "C" "7" "DATESTAMP" "S" "DATESTAMP" "")
(setq TX (ssget "X" (list (cons 8 "DATESTAMP"))))
(command ".ERASE" TX ""
".STYLE" "STANDARD" "" "0" "1" "0" "N" "N" "N"
".TEXT" DS TH "0" TM
".LAYER" "S" CL ""
)
(setvar "CMDECHO" CE)
(setvar "TEXTSIZE" TS)
(print)
(print TM)
(setvar "OSMODE" OSM)
(command "qsave")
(princ)
)

Lothar,

I have used rtext in the past but I wanted something that would update automatically everytime I plotted. I'm not sure, is there away that I can set up rtext to update everytime the drawing is saved or plotted? Thank ya'll for your input.

rtext will update everytime the drawing is REGANALL. which in most cases is before you plot, and when you open a drawing for the first time. the only problem we have with Rtext is that is does not work for users without the express tools installed or users viewing or ploting a drawing from volo view.

JKinzenbaw

Another way to do this is as follows:

If you are using a template as your drawing sheet, type something at the location of your choice on the template. Let's say lower left corner.

Pick the text and go to Modify, Properties to get the properties dialog box.

Under Text, Contents, you'll see the text you entered on the template. Right click to edit.

Mine says:

Drawing Name and File Location - $(getvar,"dwgprefix")$(getvar,"dwgname")- Tab Name = $(getvar,"CTAB")- Plotted by - $(getvar,"loginname") on $(getvar,0, MONTH DD"," YYYY -
H:MM am/pm)

The output is:

Drawing Location, Drawing No. Layout Tab Name,Plotted by haggis on June 11, 2004 - 2:00 pm

Save your template and this will update any time you open or plot a drawing.

hopefully this isnt too far off topic,

how can i get just the date to be shown in my Rtext window. I tried CDate and realized i dont need that much info. And i tried it similar to haggis's line and RText did not recongnize the command.

Thanks to JKinzenbaw for picking up my error and apologies to anyone who tried my method of plotstaming. I put getvar instead of edtime.

Haggis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back