Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Plotting a range of data 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerWelsh

Aerospace
Feb 17, 2009
GB
Hi everyone,

I am new to Mathcad so please bear with me.

I am trying to plot a scatter of two variables. This works fine, however when I specify a range for the two vectors it does not work. The error message stating "Value must be a scalar" in regard to the range value.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for the reply excognito. I uploaded the file to Engineering.com but I don't think I done it right. Can you provide me any guidance on how to upload on this site?

Thanks for the support.

test

apparently,

click on 'upload your file ..' link by Step 3 edit box
browse to your file from the resulting dialog
click upload on the dialog
on updated dialog, click on 'click here ...' link

You should then be returned to the main page and see the address of your uploaded file in the Step 3 edit box ..

and that appears to be it

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=49f11c1b-b704-4706-9137-42e9d6137ea1&file=testing.txt
Looks like that has half worked! As I imported my data from a spreadsheet it hasn't appeared due to the link breaking. However, the equations are correct so a quick manual entry of a couple of lines of data would work. If you know any other way to import the data permantently please let me know.

Thanks again.

OK. Hopefully somebody will look at it soon. I won't be at my Mathcad machine for a couple of hours.

Is it Mathcad 12, 13 or 14? Just a tip, you'll get a wider audience if you post it in Mathcad 11 format as well - a lot of significant users still use that version.

It looks like you've defined e.true as a function (of e.eng) but you then try to use it as a vector later on. Unless you need e.eng to be a function, simply drop the '(e.eng)' from your definition of e.true - should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back