Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

plotting in ideas 10NX fails with MFC application error

Status
Not open for further replies.

irvine74

Mechanical
May 10, 2004
BE
Hi,

We have installed Ideas 10 NX drafting on a windows XP pro workstation. The license file is still on a UNIX server as are the Team directories. The environment is an Active directory win 2000 server env.
Everything works fine except we can only plot as administrator and not as a domain user. We installed ideas with an ideasadmin who's also only a domain user. We made all users local administrators but also that seems not helpful. So I'm running out of ideas .... anyone??? thanx

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We had a lot of trouble printing from ideas. Instead of printing we export a picture file (.pff) in Master drafting. This can be opened using the plot utility supplied be sdrc. You can now print this using the plot utility. We print to acrobat and keep the file which saves us having to go to library to get drawings all the time.

this might seem long winded but it works every time without fail.

Let me know if you can get the plot utility.

DOC

I think you're heading in the right direction that it's a permissions promblem.

Likely that a directory created during the Instal by the Domain Administrator is not writeable by the local user/administrator. - I've found this to be a problem before.

My way round was to reinstall the software as the local Administrator.

Before you go to that trouble though, make sure you've specified a local "Start In" directory that the user has write access to to ensure that any temp files that are required can be written.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back