Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PLS-CADD and TOWER communication problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heverton

Electrical
Aug 18, 2014
BR
Good afternoon everyone.

I am facing an issue, probably a communication problem between PLS-CADD and TOWER. Whenever I try to verify a method 4 structure in a PLS-CADD project, I get the following message:

“This command requires a hardware key with TOWER capabilities. Please attach a key with these capabilities and try again.”.

However, I do have a key attached to the USB port. Both software are running the last version (13.20). I can use TOWER alone, in its own interface, and everything works fine.

It’s pretty strange, because at first, when using an older TOWER version (12.3) and PLS-CADD 13.20, I was able to verify structures, but all of sudden, I started to get this annoying messages. Powerline recommended a software upgrade, yet the problem persisted. Now they want me to buy the support for PLS-CADD…

By the way, when using PLS-CADD 12.3 (Older version), I can check method 4 structures.

It seems like a problem with the last upgrade. I tried many things and nothing worked so far (Reinstalling both software, upgrading Sentinel driver, etc.).

I am wondering if anyone has ever faced something like this and could help me.

Regards

/Heverton Altoé.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've never heard of this problem where your USB key is not recognized. We always pay the maintenance fee so we can call and get support anytime. We are on the Beta list and get new versions a couple of times a month. If you don't pay the maintenance fee, are you able to get updates? From your question, it sounds like you get them but cannot call for tech support. I always thought if we dropped maintenance, we would be stuck with the last version we were running when we dropped support. PLS is always adding more features so we keep paying them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back