Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

PLSCADD Technical support - Is it worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

engratcorner

Electrical
Feb 24, 2014
CA
Hi all,

We have PLSCADD licenses which were expired couple of years ago but still working without any issues lacking technical support and upgrade capability. While thinking about upgrading licenses, I looked up the recent improvements to the program to see if it is worth upgrading or not. In addition to that, we get technical support upon upgrading licenses - Wondering what kind of technical support I can expect from PLS - just software installation and computer issues? or work with some technical parameters such as anchor strength, pole loading issues etc.

I guess my question is how far technically stretched out their technical support team - any insights on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have had great experiences with their support team. They are responsive to emails, will answer the phone and provide any help you need. Technically they are very proficient and can answer any question you have. I would recommend upgrading to the most recent version of the program as well as getting the technical support, especially since it has been a few years, and it seems your firm does not use the software that often and may have modeling questions.

I'd recommend their Tech Support. While they are quick to resolve any issues with the running of the software, I have also posed general Engineering questions to assist with my interpretation of the report calculations, and they have been very helpful. Additionally, you don't want to be in a situation where you need to share a design, and files can't be viewed due to incompatible software versions.[glasses]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back