PLSCadd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montjack

Electrical
Nov 13, 2019
PT
Hello,

My company has a license for PLSCadd and at the moment I have been working with PLSCadd,unfortunately the license we have is a previous version and we don't have any support from PowerLine Systems, I have been learning from their manual, but it seems it is not enough, is there any guides/tutorials except for the few I have found in youtube? I also have a Spanish tutorial.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

PLS classes and classes in association with the University of Wisconsin Is offering training but the registration and traveling has a cost.
Remember that the software itself can not teach to design a T line, foundation, structure, Row, regulations, insulation coordination, grounding, shielding, etc. This can be learn outside the PLScadd.

As Cuky stated, the UoWI classes are the best route. Reach out to the university and ask about options for classes abroad, group discounts, possibly even remotely attending the course. Also correct that just having the software itself is not enough, and in fact can lead to more errors. PLS is powerful software but that comes with its own risks.
I went through a similar process with my company, I had to explain that the software itself does not mean increased performance. To be effective in PLS, you need formal training, either classes or trained by someone who is already knowledgeable in its use. It is an investment, it will take time and up front capital to pay dividends, and it comes with risks.

The primary objective at the moment is to see if PLSCadd can be a powerful tool for overhead lines design and calculations, from my understanding some electrical companies only accept projects made in PLSCadd.

Thank you for your feedback, I hope my company can schedule me some training since it seems it will be a tough path to get somewhere alone.

I am having some troubles importing to PLSCadd the DEM file for terrain elevations, extracted the DEM from a GIS software and converted the file to the extension .tiff, when I upload to PLSCadd it doesn't seem to be right, checked the coordinate system and it seems it's ok, what could it be?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back