Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Plumbing for Cutting/Resonator Gases

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupdogg

Mechanical
Aug 12, 2016
US
I'm looking for feedback from anyone here that wants to chime in...especially if you're using something different than the more commonly advised. We have a Bystronic BySpeed 3015 w/ 4.4kW resonator and as per their install docs, they recommend using either copper or stainless steel (SS316) tubing for cutting and resonator gas supply. We already have 1/4" SS316 tubing in-place using SwageLok fittings for the resonator gases. However, I'm not dead set on using either for the cutting gases...is anyone here using other types of high-pressure hoses or pipes? Are flexible braided stainless steel tubes an option?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

ON our Bystronic Bystar 3015 5.2kw we have copper all the way for the laser gases ( N2, He, Co2 ) and braided hose from the bottles to the Regs then copper the rest of the way for the cutting gases ( N2 and o2 )
That's how it was set up in Germany so that's how they set it up here in Perth when we brought it. Been that way for 3.5 years with no leaks.
20180122_121940_d7qmod.jpg
20180122_121914_dasybn.jpg

If you ask me to do something, I will do it. There's no need to nag me every 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back