Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PMP Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.

packmen

Mechanical
Aug 31, 2001
BR
Hi everyone,
Can someone point me the right direction? I can make an PMP from the wizard and do whatever I want to but I can't install on other computers. and installing visual and compiling on every computer doesn't seems a good thing. If someone could change the wizard and include the installer it will be great. Especially in C# but vb.net is fine either.

Thanks
Emerson

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I know what the Property manager is in Solidworks (never heard if called the PMP though), but I don't understand your question. The Property Manager is just the tool that propagates when you are in a command or a sketch, etc... I don't know what your taking about when you say:

Anything that Solidworks has done in the coding of the install of SW to control the PMP, is just that. you will have to turn in a Enhancement Request for your idea to be considered within the customer portal of Solidworks. Then other people are going to have to agree with you and turn in the same issue. So without good clarification of what you want or what your trying to do there is little anyone can do, but even more so if you want the coding changed inside of Solidworks and the installation of Solidworks to be changed to fit your needs.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

I'll try to explain better, Sorry for the lack of information.
I want to make an Add-in using the wizard like in using the SolidWorks C# Add-in Template and I can do Whatever I want using the API , but i Have a hard time to reuse it in another computer, the only way I can do it is installing visual studio and then run the program. What I want is a installer for my Add-in or a step by step explain how can I manually install it in other computers. If someone could change the wizard and include the installer it will be great, everybody could reuse the wizard with the installer.

Hope this clarify the question.

And thanks in advance. [bigsmile]

Not sure if this will work but its worth looking into it. I use the Admin image to install SW on multiple PC's all at once and they are all setup the same in the beginning. There is an option to "Run a program before and after the installation". I use a bat file to remove and re-add some registry keys both before and after the installation. Maybe you could write some sort of *.bat file that would install your add-in. That is of course if you use the admin image. I don't think the standard install of Solidworks allows anyone to install anything separate when doing each PC independently, but I might be mistaken since I have not installed Solidworks like that in many, many years.

I hope this helps,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
faq731-376

My *.bat file is just renaming the Toolbox location from the server to a local location, then after the install it points it back to the server location. I attached the files, however I don't know how much good they will do for you. You will want to research script writing.

Kind regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
faq731-376

Packmen,
As fart as I'm aware, there is no "Property Manage Page" wizard. Do you mean the Property Tab Builder?
download.aspx

Are you trying to install this on computers which don't have SolidWorks installed? And if so, why?

No. I meant the SwCSharpAddin. Part of the API that comes with Solidworks.

getfile.aspx

You can see the picture attached. In this case is a Macro to review the code or to saveas some part or assembly to reuse in other project. The drop box are automatic filled with the folder names in the server. It's really cool.

And I Did make it work. [glasses]

What I did was copy the files from the folder Release to the user folder of every computer and register it using command lines, and to make it simple I use sBaugh sugestion with a .bat file

content of file is.

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SolidWorks\AddIns\{255b57fa-fd0a-419a-bd60-6cce2f4e5de1}" /v "(Padrão)" /t REG_DWORD /d 1

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SolidWorks\AddIns\{255b57fa-fd0a-419a-bd60-6cce2f4e5de1}" /v "Description" /t REG_SZ /d "Kopempack"

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SolidWorks\AddIns\{255b57fa-fd0a-419a-bd60-6cce2f4e5de1}" /v "Title" /t REG_SZ /d "Kopempack"

net use X: \\winserver\Projetos
COPY "X:\_TEMPLATES\AddinFiles\*.*" "C:\Users\" /Y

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exe C:\Users\SwCSharpKOPEMPACK.dll /tlb /codebase
pause

Some key points for those Who want to do it is to verify witch framework you are using, the file path in the last command changes and make sure the GUID is correct.

Thanks for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back