Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PN160 SLIP-ON FLANGES

Status
Not open for further replies.

123revolution

Petroleum
Jul 18, 2013
NG
Hi Guys,
A little help here if you will; I'm looking for slip-on flanges for PN160 and more rating. DO these exist? I see mostly up to PN100 rating and not more.
Thanks, hope to hear your advice.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't think so. I've looked up EN 1092 and type 12 (slip on flanges) ends at PN 100 and no more than 150mm. Other flanges go to PN 160.

I wouldn't like to see a 160 bar slip on flange.....

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

You may be able to design it to the code that you are using, but it will be very thick and rather heavy for the purpose. it will not be economical and therefore not recommended.

Additionally, some applications will not accept slip-on flanges for this pressure depending on the other parameters. You need to check the piping specification to be able to use this concept.

In case the cyclic load is available or the application has high fluid temperature the slip-on flange is not recommended. Some codes do not accept (if my memory is correct) slip on flanges on gas applications beyond certain pressure and temperature limits. So check your application for the slip-on flange suitability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back