Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pneumatic / Hitch / Impulse Feed Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobius10

Mechanical
Mar 26, 2010
US
I have an application where we need something very similar to an old Festo product that is no longer available. Festo calls these Pneumatic Feed Unit and I seen one on Ebay and they were calling it an Impulse Feed Unit and I have also heard them called, Hitch Feed Units, as well. See below:

8800590102558.jpg

Regardless the application calls for transfering a 25 mm wide tape roughly 80mm vertical and the tape is very thin and not very stiff so we do not feel comfortable pulling the tape so we wanted to use something that will pinch (or grip) the tape and transfer. Of course we can design this quite easily but we have a very small footprint and we would prefer to buy a packaged item that is easily replaceable.

With that being said I wanted to ask if anyone has used these before, what is the brand, and/or where can these be purchased??? I am mainly looking for manufacturers!! I am having a very hard time finding anything even close to the product Festo use to manufacture. Any other information is welcomed as well. Thanks everyone...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Never seen anything like it. Perhaps you would consider calling FESTO directly and offering them premium prices to track down the old engineering drawings and make a couple of specials.

TygerDawg
Blue Technik LLC
Virtuoso Robotics Engineering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back