Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pocket Guide to Chemical Engineering Carl Branan

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCENG78

Chemical
Jan 31, 2007
US
I was just checking to see if anyone owns Pocket Guide to Chemical Engineering or Rules of Thumb for Chemical Engineers by Carl Branan. I get a little tired of hunting through my Perry's and would like to get a more condensed reference source. My colleague recommend Pocket Guide to Chemical Engineering or Rules of Thumb for Chemical Engineers both by Carl Branan. Any thoughts on either book.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

"Rules of thumb for ChE" is an excellent resource, and is highly recommended. Another good book is "Chemical process equipment - selection and design" by Stanley Wallas; not that much condensed as Branan's book, but really a good one. GPSA databook will also serve the purpose for many process engineering subjects.

Both of Carl Branan's books are excellent yet concise resources. I concur with EmmanuelTop's view of the GPSA Handbooks being good general purpose reference books (and much smaller than Perry's). Many companies also published high quality reference manuals in the past, though this practice has diminished over the years. See if you can't get your hands on some of those. If you want to travel real light, practice typing "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back