Pole Mounted Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

T83

Electrical
Nov 12, 2008
MU
Hello,

I have a question can someone guide me to a website or pdf that talks about the pole mounted transformer ? What I am looking for is the following,I want to see if I have 400V phase to phase I want to know how many feeders I can have on a 160KVA pole mounted transformer & how the current is divided on the feeders same goes for the 250KVA transformer because I was given a document in Russian although can't read any all that I kind of understood was that 160KVA has three feeders & 250KVA four feeders and current was split like 80A,100A,120A & on the other one I think 80A,100A,120A,160A,is this something standard ? or is it a design ? & why are the currents like that on the feeders not split equally or something ? & can I have four feeders on the 160KVA ?

Thx

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can have as many feeders as you can figure out how to connect to the transformer terminals, but the total load cannot exceed the rating of transformer.

The current on each feeder depends on the load. More lights turned on, more current.

First of all study the nameplate. Is this a single phase unit or three phase?

If single phase the previous answer is likely correct. And there are ways to either extend the connecting paddles or add more.

If it is three phase look to see if there is a mid-winding tap for a third voltage. Such an example would be a 120/208/240 transformer or transformer bank. The winding with the tap will be the lighter transformer and will have different Z% impedance and will effect the loading of the bank. These factors may effect how you load the transformer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back