Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polyline Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfchapman

Civil/Environmental
Jan 27, 2005
US
My plines are displaying in paperspace and plotting as wireframes but display correctly in model space. How can I make them display with normal solid fill?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hey jfchapman,

I have checked through my settings and have found a few that you might want to check on your system. They are:

FILLMODE = 1
PLINEGEN = 0
PLINETYPE = 2
SPLFRAME = 0

If you type in the text shown above on your command line, and then check the default setting, OR set it to the values that I have (listed above) that may help you get what you need.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Tried it, no help. I also went through every single setvar setting and compared it to another drawing and they are all exactly the same.

You can jump into the vport from pspace, draw a pline and it displays wireframe...go directly into model space and the same pline displays solid.

Now here's the kicker. When I create a new layout, everything dispays as it should....SOLID! I guess this is the easy fix but I'd love to figure out what the heck is going on with the other vports/tabs.

Not sure but give this a shot..

Polylines with width will not preview or plot filled if Hide Plot is set to Yes.

To set Hide Plot to No:

1. Enter mview on the command line.
2. Enter h to select the Hideplot option.
3. Type off to disable the Hideplot option.
4. Select the border of the viewport(s) that the HIDE command will affect.
5. Press ENTER to complete the command.

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." — Will Rogers

Plotting thick lines has to do with pen width. Got to paper space and go to page setup. Then click on your plot style. If you are using color based plotting - check the color setting in the plot styles table - there is a form view. Make sure that the following are set like I have listed
linetype : use object linetype
lineweight : use object lineweight
fillstyle : use object fillstyle
screening : 100 (if you want the plot to be lighter set this to 70 or 80)
This should help you plot thick lines without a problem.
If you are using pen plotter - let me know I will tell you what else you can try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back