Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Possible to do BULK items or Adjust Qty in BOM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1CATIAuser

Mechanical
Oct 10, 2014
US
We have been using CATIA V5, but have not been using the Automated BOM, but are about to start.

A Question that I have is, is it possible to adjust the Qty of a Part in the BOM? If so, how can we do it? Please keep in mind that we have not been using the BOM so I'm not familiar with even the basics of the BOM yet.

Example: We have a very thin lamination that is stacked many times to a given dimension. In this example I will say the lamination is .025" and the total stack of this lamination is 5.0".
So rather than patterning this lamination 200 times, we would just Pad it 5.0", however we want the BOM to read the Qty as 200 rather than 1.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

would you mind being a little more descriptive?

I try an attribute link on the text field in the table that is generated by the BOM, and it works just fine at that moment, but any time the BOM updates, it wipes that link and just returns the value to "1" based on the count of that part in the assembly.

I have also tried finding the "Quantity" parameter and do not see it. However I can see the following:
Part Number
Nomenclature
Revision
Product Description
Definition

I have added a new Integer Parameter to the Properties of a part and can add that to the list to display in the BOM, however this doesn't do me any good because I need to override the original Quantity, not add a new Quantity.

I can't just replace the original Quantity displayed in the BOM with my new added Quantity, because then it wouldn't display correctly for all of the other parts in the BOM that are duplicated multiple times.

well i was thinking about to create a template drawing with a linked text. in this case when you change parameter, text in a drawing automatically updates. i don't think catia bom can help in this case. create your own table and associate it with parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back