Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Post-processing: using both contour and criteria view with dfferent vectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

jotunn

Oct 2, 2013
US
Hi all. I have a question related to post-processing Nastran data in Femap which I have been unable to answer using normal (google) means.

I am post-processing a composite structure (PCOMPs and CQUADs). What I would like to be able to do is use one output vector to define element color and another to define element labels. Specifically, I would like to color the elements using the "COMP MIN PLY STRENGTH RATIO" vector (defines element minimum strength ratio), but define element labels with the "COMP MIN STRENGTH RATIO PLY" vector (defines ply number with the minimum strength ratio). Doing so will enable me to visually see failing elements (e.g. turn them red below a minimum strength ratio) while being able to tell which ply number (and thus, orientation) is critical by using their labels. Has anyone run across a similar situation and/or found a solution? Using the "multiple contour vectors" button doesn't appear to be an option since the elements are of the same type (and in this specific instance, the same elements).

Thank you!

PS: FEMAP 11.1.1 and Nei Autodesk Nastran 10.2... (vector names may not be identical in other Nastran variants, but my intent/desire remains the same)

PPS: My apologies if the thread title is misleading, I'm just not sure how to title what I'm trying to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back