Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powder Coating Research

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysterrose

Mechanical
Nov 8, 2010
US
I was wondering if anybody has any good information related to the costs carrying costs related to cleaning/stripping powder coating hooks. I'm not so much interested in the capital equipment costs for burn off ovens or stripping tanks etc. I am more interested in how much does it cost to actual operate the various types in terms of labor/material/time. It's background research for a project.

Been having trouble finding this info myself as most powder coaters won't give me the time of day or don't want to share this info. Tried talking to OEM's of capital equipment thinking they would have sales information they use to justify the economics of stripping in house. Tried contacting powder coating institute and powder coating research group. Tried talking to hook manufacturers but they didn't help as they aren't in the hook cleaning business. All my efforts to find this information keep coming up short.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

My company has a burn off oven made by Pollution Control Products in Dallas. It has a 500,000 BTU/hr gas burner and we normally use a burn cycle of around 7 hours. Can't help with other methods like chemical stripping or salt bath cleaning.

My company uses a water based chemical solution that is very effective. Its called Chem Strip 5011 made by Chemetall Oakite. It recomends that the solution be heated but we dont and it still strips the paint very effectivly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back