Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powerful Catia Tools 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jzecha

Aerospace
Jan 20, 2016
US
I work at a small company with only a handful of Engineers.
I have started researching ways to increase efficiency with our designs because we are basically just using Catia without any aftermarket features like the big Aerospace OEMs have.

I have used this website and a few others to find some amazing tools.
These include:
Catia Portable Script Center
Time Saver Toolbar
SmartSort.exe
And a bunch of other Macros not in the above tools.

I am curious if anybody else could recommend any other tools i could use to help my department?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Analyse your day by day tasks and decide what you want to automate. I believe people on this board will help. Do not think to automate every single mouse click :).

Regards,
Jenia Ladkov

Ferdo,

The new TST works great, one question.
Is there a way to change the default unites on Export Point Coordinates from milometer to inch?

jzecha said:
Is there a way to change the default unites on Export Point Coordinates from milometer to inch?

.... I had the feeling that one who is given some code would learn from it and shape it to his/her needs...

I am a bit disappointed to see a request for easy code change. Could you try first and see if you can do it? (I have the feeling you can, with not too much work, it should be easy... don't be shy..c'mon..do it..I'll help)
[sub]
Open another post to show your progress or ask for help, if you need.[/sub]

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

I already tried to modify it, because in my experience with macros that is an easy task.

But, the TST is not built with any scripts, which is the only experience I have.
I tried digging into the .dlls, but I was unable to get the majority of it readable.
As for the .exe, I have no idea where to start with modifying it.

If you could point me in the general direction, I will give it my best attempt.

DLL are Dassault... we don't touch them.
EXE is compiled and code not available (as far as I know) so only Ferdo can do the change.

you can check faq560-1377 and modify it if you need something.

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back