Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

powerglide transmission output shaft

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDETERS

Agricultural
May 1, 2008
US
What type of spline is the 16 tooth output shaft on a powergrlide transmission. IS it a ansi standard or din standard what pressure angle and such? I need to machine some teeth on a shaft to match the drive shaft coupling.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I will be getting the part next week. I will probably put it on an opitcal measuring machine and See what I can find out. Thanks for the feedback at least you eliminated the DIN standard which makes sense now that I think about it more.

That yoke fits the 27 spline version, but the poster has a tranny with a 16 spline output shaft. If you look at Strange Engineering's catalog they do have some 16 spline components, though I'm not sure if the OD is the same.

ISZ

If he can make do with a yoke, I would think one from a wreckers yard would be a LOT cheaper than one from Strange. I expect the wreckers would have so many they sell them of as scrap steel.

Regards
Pat
See FAQ731-376 for tips on use of eng-tips by professional engineers &
for site rules

We are making this shaft to fit a Drag car. The shaft I need to make is a one off special. Thanks for all the responses I will check out your suggestions. Maybe I can find a shaft that is close enough.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back