Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PPM and Dosing Pump for chemicals in RO plant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nad87

Chemical
Mar 26, 2020
QA
Dear all,
Please is there any specification for concentration of chemicals in ppm for each water (with specific use) means for example we have sewage water we will treat it with RO to product water to use in chiller and cooling tower after and I find this equation ppm= ltr/h* dilution ratio *density*1000/feed flow m3/h
in that case I have two unknown already I don't know how many PPM for each chemical (Sulfuric acid, HCl caustic soda, SMBS, anti scaling ...) should use in the plant also I don't know how much will be the dilution ration to put how many liters in the chemical tank.
that is why am thinking that there is my specific known ppm for each chemical depending of the feed water quality and the product water use
also I need to know how we can arrange the percentage for the dosing pump?
Can any one try to explain me

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You already received answers to this question in thread 124-467253 earlier. If you have more questions about that topic, respond in that thread. Please don't post duplicate threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back