PR2 API 6A Ball Valve Floating Soft Seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

wirya

Materials
Jan 16, 2009
ID
Hello,

Recently I am asked by Company to purchase a ball valve soft seated floating design which has PR2 API 6A or reduce version qualification. The valve design is #800 (2" size) NPT connections, temp design -50 to 120 deg C, soft seat floating design. This valve will use only for produce water line. I have tried to contact some of the ball valve manufacturers, but nobody has ball valve soft seat floating design qualified under PR2 API 6A. Could somebody help me find a manufacturer which has PR2 API 6A soft seat floating design. Any soft seat will be accepted.

Thank you,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi wirya,

#800 could mean two different pressure ratings:
1) API #800 which is close to 2000 psi (API 2K in API 6A); or
2) #800 WOG which is 800 psi. This pressure rating is not covered in API 6A.

2" API 6A valves are more commonly found with the trunnion mounted design rather than the floating ball design.

You can find a 2" API 2K trunnion mounted ball valve with flange/buttweld ends and metal seated, or a 2" #800 WOG floating ball valve with NPT ends and soft seats easily but not the combination that you have mentioned.

It is also important to understand the application of the valve. For corrosive produced water, NPT connections should be avoided.

Hi, wornandwound,

Thanks for the explanation. It is 2000 psi. I agree. That's why the requirement looks very strange to me. I could not understand why the Company requests the test similar to API 6A but only for NPT and service produce water. Till today, I could not find any supplier that could supply these requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back