Precast TT slabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIStructE_IRE

Structural
Sep 23, 2018
IE
Hi,

I’m looking for some typical details on TT slabs, they’re not overly popular in my part of the world. Anyone have some good references? Bearing details, connection details, tie detsils etc?

Many thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Canadian PreCast Institute releases their design manual for free: CPCI

PCI in the States has their handbook for a fee: PCI.

Contains some of the info you are after.

I will suggest the following good references for PC Bearing details, connection details, tie details assuming
your part of the world is Eurozone ;

- Multi-storey Precast Concrete Framed Structures ( By Kim Elliott, Colin K. Jolly )

- Precast Concrete Structures (By Hubert Bachmann, Alfred Steinle )

- Structural connections for precast concrete buildings ( FIB Ceb Bulletin 43 )

- Precast Concrete Structures , Beton Kalender .

Use it up, wear it out;
Make it do, or do without.

NEW ENGLAND MAXIM

If this is for a specific project, you will be making a mistake if you don't reach out to the nearest precast plant for that location. They should be able to lead you in the right direction for bed sizes and recommended details - they should also have an idea for what size can be shipped to site (15 ft wide x 60+ft long for my area). If there is another plant in the region, use them as well to understand what options you should include in a delegated design - or negotiate sole sourcing. Since you should use the PCI manual in any case (ex. volume change calc), order it - or better yet - get a free copy by attending one of their seminars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back