Preference setting in NX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berserk

Automotive
Jan 23, 2003
CA
Hello,

Is there a way to set all the preference setting in UG in one shot?
I usually work on parts started by others and I have to manually change the settings in preferences, modelling preferences, sketches, drafting, background, etc. one at a time and it is time consuming. Files are coming from customers and suppliers so I cannot have a common seed file.

TIA!

UGNX 9.0.2.5 MP1 - Windows 7 64bit
Productive Design Services

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Record a journal and then replay it when you need to set the preferences

John Joyce
Manufacturing Engineer
Senior Aerospace CT
NX 10 Vericut 7.4.1

Import their model into your own.

I find it's a good practice not to edit customer files, anyways. I prefer to keep the file they sent 'pure' and untouched, so I can always refer back to the "as-sent" data to verify I (or others) haven't unintentionally messed anything up.

I prefer to create a derivative file clearly marked as being modified/adapted to my own use. That means starting a new .prt file within NX from my own standard templates. That way, when I import theirs in, the settings are not unusual/random.

Hello,

I tried journalling before. It would work a couple of times and it would fail on other files. I am not very good at journals. I will try this again and try to find out the reason for the failure.

All files sent and received are saved in a read only directory so if needed, can be referenced back at a later time.

UGNX 9.0.2.5 MP1 - Windows 7 64bit
Productive Design Services

I agree with JNieman...
Importing is much easier

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX9 / TC10.1.2
HPZ420 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz, 32 Gb Win7 64B
Nvidea Quadro4000 2048MB DDR5

HP Zbook15
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4800MQ