Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Press brake link bearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

durable_oreo

Mechanical
Feb 6, 2022
US
I'm working on a design that has several joints that move very little and under fairly high load. At the moment it appears that a conical plain bearing is the best solution. To get NZ/P up to about 10, I'll need to use fairly viscous grease. CMD #3 was my first thought but there's no viscosity data. Any suggestions for high pressure grease that works in the mixed lubrication region?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Greases with molybdenum disulfide are the standard for mixed film lubrication.

Do note that the NGLI # does not describe the viscosity of the oil. It describes the consistency of the grease. More thickeners do not correlate with better lubrication. You're likely looking for a grease with an ISO oil viscosity of 1000 cst. I like Mobil greases because they often include the oil viscosity in the nsame. Start with their catalog and then reach out to your preferred grease supplier to identify comparable products.

When you reach out to your preferred supplier remember that you will be speaking with a salesperson and not an engineer. They will not steer you in the right direction. You need to lead them to the best solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back