Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Pressed Louver Standard Sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAD182T

May 24, 2016
GB
Good morning all,

We have an instance requiring some louvers to be pressed into an aluminium vent plate.

Appreciating louvers are very common in most industries, this is the first time I have tried to specify them on a drawing.

We don't have a production subcontractor lined up yet, but I wanted to ask the question is there a standard to follow for common sizes we should design for? For louvre form and pitch spacing etc.

Ideally I would like to avoid the need to have tooling made up,

Many thanks,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Standard size doesn't help much if they don't have a tool for the "standard" one in stock. Contact the supplier and ask what sizes they have tooling for already that will work for you material thickness. Most sheet metal houses are more than willing to tell you what tools they have.

Hi hendersdc,

Thankyou for your reply. I do agree with you, my question was aimed at is there a basic standard to which it would be most probable that basic tooling was available, preferred sizes etc.

It may not be our subcontractor that fabricates in the end, it could go out as a build to print by the end client.

Thank you again though,

When I was working at a sheet metal fab house we didn't have any standard sizes, only what we had previously made for other clients that bought the tooling. I am not aware of any standards either but that doesn't mean they aren't out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back