Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pressure bladders for tubes and tooling design

Status
Not open for further replies.

cawcomp

Industrial
Oct 23, 2006
AU
I have a project where I need to produce 8 individual tubes of various sizes and one "Y" tublular piece with two ends open and one sealed. I will incorporate the 8 tubes into one tool simply by laying them side by side and a separate tool for the "Y".
I am seeking advice in regard to the termination of the bladders. For the eight tube tube tool I am thinking of connecting the "tube cavities" together in a way so I can lay a bladder in a "snake like " fashion through all tubes with just one pressure inlet. Any Advice on this?
Also whats and effective method of terminating the bag in the sealed end of the "Y" section and also do I just bring the tubular bag out to a flange at the ends of the tool and sandwich it between a piece of insertion rubber and a metal plate with an air fitting tapped into it.any advice greatly appreciated
look forward to your response.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Happy to talk to you about building these parts for you, it is what we specialize in (hollow tubular composite structures).

If some of the tubes are just straight sections, maybe an easier way then molding them. The Y will need to be molded. The method for attaching and terminating bladder fittings is kind of black art that most companies guard pretty closely. some simple methods to do this that work some of the time are a cone inside a conical hole with the bladder trapped between them - kind of a tapered plug arrangement.

Feel free to e-mail me direct to discuss further. ice@gorge.net

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back