Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pressure Drop through plate screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

leont

Mechanical
Sep 5, 2007
CA
I have been dealing with pressure drop calculations through screen on bottom of reactor. In some of these cases I have had to deal with plate screen, elephant tools made of plate bars and some cases show up like a combination of screen cloth and plate screen.

The point is that some times we can use Kv (flow factor). This factor can be found as reference of filter and provided by the vendors. Massic flow, open area and Kv and done !!

What happen when I can not get this flow factor? I know Internet provides simple and useful softwares but I need to know what is the engineering fundament.

It is seems to be routine calc. I need to clear it up.

Thanks for your usual support

T.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You may check with vendor any specific filter information, like flow rate versus pressure drop per
square area or efficiency curve to get accurate pressure drop estimation.

Thanks silebilee !!!

Everything I was looking for I already found it in Section 6 "Fluid and Particle Dynamics" from Perry'Chemical Engineer Handbook.

On top of that I found additional information from "Resistance Flow Through Barriers Uniformly Distributed"

LT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back