Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pressure on areas applied in Y axis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosik

Industrial
Apr 11, 2013
SK
Hello,

I would like to ask you for help how to apply pressure on several areas in -Y axis direction in Ansys 13...?

Thank you so much!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Kosik,
it looks like you might need to apply a force. Forces will always be directed in the vector you chose (like Y in your pic), and pressures will always follow perpendicular to the surface it is scoped to. A big difference if those faces rotate as they deform. If those surfaces are riding down a linear guide you'd load it differently than if it was a cantilevered snap fetaure.

OK, so if the force I want to apply on great number of nodes creating my areas, should I divide this force by number of nodes (F/number of nodes) and apply this fraction of force to each node?

Thank you, this is a good idea, I didn't know about that. But in this case I am limited to use element Solid 185 (or 186).

Is the way to load part I described in my last post usable?

Flash, good to know about these elements, will give them a try. Kosik, if you get the surface area ( the length of the tab multiplied buy the width of the chamfer) and multiply by the pressure you should get the Y force. When you scope to the surface ANSYS automatically splits the force up across the nodes, so you don't need to worry about the number of nodes. This is good if you want to refine your mesh- you don't have to worry about adjusting the forces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back