Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pressure Retaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmongold

Industrial
Jun 8, 2022
CA
Hello,
I read the pressure containing vs pressure retaining thread and it was helpful but I still had one question for my scenario.

Would these piping attachments be considered pressure retaining?

Dummy leg - yes or no

Repad (reinforcement pad)on pipe to dummy leg - yes or no

Gusset - yes or no

Thank you for your time.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

After which test/regulation? You will find extended discussions on the net. Here is one definition (of many)

NACE MR0175 does not provide an exhaustive list of “pressure containing parts”. Some users require a definite definition between pressure-containing parts and pressure-retaining parts. Regardless of a design code definition of pressure containing or pressure retaining parts, NACE MR0175, in part 1 Clause 5, states that the equipment user shall determine whether or not the service conditions are such that NACE MR0175 applies and to ensure that any material specified for use is satisfactory in the service environment. This means that the equipment user must identify which parts require compliance with NACE MR0175 (including pressure containing and pressure retaining parts).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back