Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pressure / Temperature Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

abrieden

Industrial
Mar 27, 2011
US
Per ASME / ANSI B16.34: The rated pressure (psig) and temperature chart shows 20 F to 100 F (-29 C to 38 C) in the first line. My question is if -29 C is equal to -20 F than why does it show 20 F instead of -20 F. I am guessing this is a typo. Does anyone have any further documentation to prove this as being incorrect?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Let me make sure I understand. You are asking an anonymous Internet community to provide you with free proof of a concept you need to do your job? You are not looking for a discussion of this item, you just want PROOF?

Good luck with that. Generally, for free you get opinions. For a substantial fee you get proof, documentation, and calculations.

David

Have you access to a copy of the standard you’ve quoted in your OP? Have you noticed such a typo? Well, you should ask ASME..... anyway it’s a typo

abriden

I just looked at ASME B16.34-2009. I'm not seeing any place where the standard equated +20ºF to -29ºC. All the tables in Section 2-1 only give temperature ranges in ºC; the text gives the conversion and it's correct.

Since you referred to it as a "ASME/ANSI" standard, do you perhaps have an older version?

Patricia Lougheed

Please see FAQ731-376: Eng-Tips.com Forum Policies for tips on how to make the best use of the Eng-Tips Forums.

zdas04-
Its a standard not an engineering concept. Maybe even just an error on standard written on a piece of paper. Perfect for a forum. They can point that their piece of paper doesn't have that error so borrow another copy and confirm it or else its on an errata somewhere about that error- direct him to the place where that it written.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back