Pressure Test of Super Duplex Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveyB

Petroleum
Nov 27, 2011
GB
Hi

I have a small problem where I have to test some Super Duplex tube as part of a pressure tested assembly to a pressure of 15000psi. I also have two tube sizes to contend with which are 25.4mm NB and a 12.7mm NB with 3mm and 1.65mm wall thickness respectively. The problem I have is that I need to couple some form of coupling to each one of these tube in order to perform a hydrostatic pressure test (i.e JIC fitting or otherwise). I was wondering if anyone can suggest the best way of doing this. My initial thoughts were to weld something on but I am not sure if this is feasible with the tube being such thin wall. Any help/advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks these do look like a pretty nifty piece of kit but I fear rhey would be too expensive and are also not rated at the required pressure. I was thinking more along the lines of a weld on/threaded fitting.

they go upto 40k psi according to that site SnTMan linked to.

I also don't really see problems with welding on 3 and 1.65 mm wall thickness, provided you use correct welding procedures (for super duplex).

My problem is I am not sure what kind of weld preparation/pressure cap should be used in this situation with such thin pipe. Is it actually possible to full pen weld a 1.65mm tube for that kind of pressure rating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back