Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prestress/Pretension and Strand Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geidel

Structural
Dec 21, 2016
US
Hello,

My company has recently decided to enter the field of prestress and pretension and add it to our precast plant. I've been assigned as the "Chuck" guy and was handed essentially a 31 page manual on what our maintenance room needs to consist of. The design of the room is easy enough but I did find one item that was slightly confusing. The manual (from PSI) calls for a horizontal drill to be used to hold body/bore brushes in order to clean the teeth of the Multi-use Strand Chucks. I've dug through the internet and I can't seem to find a table mounted drill press, upon calling PSI they said that a simple motor mounted to the table with ability to hold the brushes is my best bet. Has anyone done something similar to this and simple mounted a motor to a table? I don't want to allocate resources to a motor that may have hidden safety options that prevents it from working outside of a host body or frame. The QCM mentioned a grinder converted could work as well. Thoughts? Links to applicable products? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back