Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRETTY HATCHING ON DRAWINGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

t2b

Mechanical
Jan 8, 2007
GB
THE AUTOMATIC HATCHING THROWS LINES ON HERE & THERE. HOW CAN IT BE CONTROLLED I.E ALL LINES TO BE AT 135 DEGREE & 45 DEGREE THEN VARY THE LINE SPACES. (& COMMON PARTS TO SHARE THE SAME HATCH).
IN ADDITION TO THIS CAN THE HATCHING BE GROUPED SO HYDRAULIC, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL & PNEUMATIC PARTS ARE REPRESENT BY DIFFERENT COLOURS?

THANKS

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

T2b,

When you have the hatchings on the drawing, double clicl on the hatching lines itself, this will bring up a side menu (WF2 and below, not sure for WF3). Once you have this you will be able to modify angles (Angle) and spacings (Spacing). To modify the colour attack the Line Style option.

Kevin Hammond

Mechanical Design Engineer
Derbyshire, UK

THANKS
A COLLEAGUE IS HATCHING A FLOOR OF FIRE BRICKS FOR A FURNACE
(WILDFIRE 3), USING THE METHOD YOU HAVE DECSCRIBED AND HAS ROUGHLY TAKEN 2 DAYS.

I'VE FOUND THIS WITHIN HELP BUT DON'T KNOW HOW TO ALTER PARAMETERS- ANY SUGGESTIONS?
"To override smart default crosshatch for newly created cross sections, define cross section parameters default_xhatch_spacing and default_xhatch_angle. Cross sections of other surrounding parts that are not defined adjust accordingly. "
BY HAVING HALF OF THE COMPONENTS HATCHED AS I'D LIKE I'D ONLY HAVE HALF LEFT TO EDIT.

THANKS

You can define a material, such as FIRE_BRICK in part mode. In that material definition include the option PTC_XHATCH_FILE. You can make the cross hatch pattern in drawing mode and then save it to the pro_crosshatch_dir with a .xch extension. You should also set up the pro_material_dir for your material files. This cross hatch definition in material files functionality is new to WF3. In addition, you can now assign appearance properties in the material database so all your parts with material FIRE_BRICK will be red with an appropriate texture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back