Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prints online for biddings

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizztser

Civil/Environmental
May 8, 2011
US
Does anyone know of online sites that have public projects prints
available for review?

I know sites like dodge or reed have subscription cost to look at prints, but I would like to review city, state or federal projects
without paying to look at them.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't know if there's a national clearinghouse for these. I think you'll have to go by city to city, municipality to municipality, etc.
Is there a certain type of project you're interested in? Building, water treatment plant, road, bridge? It's easier to start with that and figure out who bids them.

I want to provide earthwork takeoffs for up coming public projects in my area.I will post them on my website for purchase prior to bids being due.
I'm just getting started,and paying for those subscriptions is tough to swallow.

I work for a private consultant that does many municipal projects. We have encountered companies that have copied our plans and specs on projects that are out for bid and have made them available online. We've had to contact these companies and tell them to stop reproducing our copyrighted plans. At first look, what they are doing might seem alright, but essential information such as clarifications, addenda, and prequalifications aren't getting transmitted and we've received bids that aren't on the required forms.

Several S.T.A.'s / State DOT's have plans available for review. Highway, bridge, drainage, etc., proj. specific and standards.

Just browse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back