Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Privoxy block

Status
Not open for further replies.

metman

Materials
Feb 18, 2002
US
When I try to access certain things on the internet I get a screen that says blocked by Privoxy. In some of these instances, it allows me to override the block but for example; Privoxy will not allow me give a star to postors in eng-tips.

Does anybody know how to fix this or at least a way to override it in specific cases?

[mad] or >:-<

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks Mike,

I noticed that IRStuff suggested to the postor on thread233-261763 to repost at Tek-Tips and his subject seems much closer to the intent of this forum than my question.

Would I be guilty of double posting if I post on Tek-Tips?

Actually I should post this question at tech-forums.net.
I received help there on an ms-word problem but I found that source after posting the above question here.

You would not be guilty of double- posting by posting on Tek-Tips; it's run by the same outfit, but is separate.

(We want to keep it that way, so please don't mention Eng-Tips.)

Mike Halloran
Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Tek-Tips is solely a computer issues forum, and as such, more likely to have the audience and expertise with your problems.

Ostensibly, this forum is supposedly intended to deal with questions about the design and engineering of computers and computer systems, although I have to admit that I've almost never seen the questions I think this forum is supposed to service.

TTFN

FAQ731-376

Sounds like it is a proxy blocking certain pages from your computer.

Are you accessing from the workplace? If so check with the IT department for permission to bypass.

Are you accessing from home? Then you may be dealing with a connectivity or browser issue. Unless someone else who uses that computer installed a software to block certian sites.

Peak to Peak Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back