Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pro/detail

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazengr

Mechanical
Mar 1, 2007
DE
I have been trying to setup a floating license on the network to use the single floating pro/mechanica license that we have.

STEP 1: I first put the license.txt file that contains the mechanica license in a network folder.

STEP 2: I then inserted the ptc cd and did an install of just pro/mechanica:
I get to the following step where Pro/E asks me:
"Please indicate all license servers that you wish to use with this installation of Pro/ENGINEER Mechanica"
I direct it to the license.txt file that I placed in the network folder in STEP 1.

STEP 3: I then reran the prosetup.bat file that is in the bin folder
(C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 3.0\bin)

However whenever I try to run mechanica It says that it is
"Unable to get required license."

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This may be an odd question, but are you running a license server on the remote computer?

The reason is that the license file is useless without installing & running a License Server.

The licence server converts the text file into a data file. It is that data file that Pro Engineer/Pro Mechanica look for when they start.

It does seem the robertib is correct. The licence server is either not running or has not been installed.

Put the CD in and run the setup again and install the licence server.

If it is installed and is not running, it can be started in the services area of windows.

Adrian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back