Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pro/E 2001 Sketcher auto regen

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNguyen

Mechanical
Sep 18, 2001
US
When in sketcher mode, with Intent Manager on, Pro/E 2001 regenerates the sketch everytime I modify a dimension. This a major pain when the new dimension is much different from the one generated by Intent Manager. My 2000i student edition allowed me to regenerate all of the changes at once - after I was done. Is there a check box or config file entry that will delay regeneration?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When you modify any dimension by picking Icon of modify & then selecting dimension/s then, there is a check box in the interface window. Check this After Selecting all the dim/s. then modify your dimesion/s and press "enter".
Nikhil Gothankar

If you select all the dimensions at once by drawing a box round them with the selection tool. Then hit the modify icon, tick the box marked lock scale change 1 of the dimesions to what you require. The whole skech will then be scaled. untick the lock scale box and modify the rest of the dimensions.

This is probably a more robust way of resolving your problem, as delaying the regeneration can cause other problems.

Regards

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back