Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRO E - Assembly Mass Parameter 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedy

Mechanical
Jun 5, 2001
DE
What is the system parameter for the Mass Of An Assembly?
&PRO_MP_MASS is the Mass parameter for a part and as such can be added to a Part Drawing in a note.
What is the equivalent for an assembly. I want to add the mass of an assembly to an Assembly drawing.

Cheers,
SPEEDY

BTW. I am using PRO ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It is the same for both parts and assemblies.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

How can someone manually set the mass of a part or assy e.g. override Pro/E's calculation to become a set value? This is useful when modeling an impossibly complex item with known weight e.g. a purchased part or assembly with many different materials and complex geometry.

Tunalover

Yes to all your questions.

Go into the parameters table, and at the bottom there is a drop-down list - Main, Alternate Mass Properties and Reported Mass Properties. Use the Alternate Mass Properties to set any such parameters required, and change the PRO_MP_SOURCE parameter from GEOMETRY to PARAMETERS.

[2thumbsup][2thumbsup]Thanks Looslib,
I don't know how I missed this. Maybe I did not have 'mass_property_calculate' set to automatic when I first tried it and so missed teh revised mass updating.
This thing has been bugging me for years.
Cheers. !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back