Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pro E crashes when called to open a file

Status
Not open for further replies.

reset7

Mechanical
Jul 13, 2003
CA
This thread was also a reply to another one: Pro E always crashes when I try to open a file (either directly or when trying to add to an assembly). A funy loophole is that if Pro E and Ansys are running, and I open a Pro E file in Ansys, it also loads in Pro E. So this is one way for me to open my Pro E files, but is definately not a permanent solution because Pro E still crashes when I try to add a part to an assembly. If the file is in the recent files list in the File menu, then it opens fine. So bassically, any time it tries to launch a dialog box to choose a file (either adding into an assembly, or just File -> Open) it crashes. Also, if I try to change working directory, it crashes. I really would appreciate any help. I've re-installed it twice with no change, and the directory has been different every time (no spaces the last time, still didn't work). Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sounds like you have a big problem? You probably should check with PTC support on this one, but I have had similar experiences and the newer datecode of the software normally fixed the problem.
Check your datecode (Help --> About Pro/E) and see if you are using the latest. The datecode looks something like 2003120 or 2001160. The year and then a serialized three digit number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back