Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pro/E Export to Tecplot

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcpbcup

Feb 4, 2009
US
Hello,

I'm looking for a way to export solid model geometry I have in Pro/E into Tecplot 10 (now called Tecplot Focus). I haven't worked much with the actual formatting on data files, but my understanding is that Tecplot needs to import the geometry in (X,Y,Z) coordinates only, where the ordering of the nodes is by layer. I can also use Tecplot 360 as a go-between tool, but I don't have it on my machine so I ultimately can't keep it in that format. When I export the data from T360 to Tecplot 10, it's completely messed up. The nodes aren't even in the right places and the connections are a jumble of wires.

There are very few 3D file import options in Tecplot 10 itself (Gridgen,Fluent,Plot3D files are the only ones I see) and they are geared toward CFD users. I don't have any of these tools at my disposal. Creating a custom Python import tool would probably be my best bet but I don't have time to learn Python or the file formatting.

Any help from someone who is a regular Tecplot and Solid Modeler would be nice.

Much Appreciated,

Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back