Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pro E line weight problem/pen assignments

Status
Not open for further replies.

leemj84

Mechanical
Jul 23, 2010
US
So, i know how you can go into the options, and change pen1_line_weight value, but what i need to do is group the curve (darker blue) and the white geometry lines into different pens. Is there a way to do that? we use curve colors for our dimensioning, and we need the geometry lines to be thicker. How can i achieve this? and i know people tell me to go into config.pro, but when i search for config.pro, there are a lot of those, which one is the right one??

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There should only be one config.pro file and it should be in the start up directory.

I would suggest that you delete the extra ones, unless pro engineer is directed to read them, they would probably not be read anyway.

Hydromech

Try using a pen table file. Google "table.pnt". It will allow you to control line width based upon the type of geometry.

--
Fighter Pilot
Manufacturing Engineer

Location of pen table file would be defined in a config.pro or config.sup by the option;

pen_table_file <path to file>

--
Fighter Pilot
Manufacturing Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back