Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pro E print preview 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

troy06

Mechanical
Jul 21, 2006
US
Does anyone know how I can preview a print in Pro E before I print.I have a lot pf problems centering the print on the page.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There's a button on the toolbar that looks like a magnifying lens over a window that will automatically resize and recenter the drawing before plotting. This is necessary if your plots are based on zoom. Also, if you print directly without converting to pdf, the lines are annoyingly thick. You can change this by going to tools > options. For the option, type "pen1_line_weight" and set a value of 1.5, and do the same thing for "pen3_line_weight".

Good luck,

Michael Burlone
NASA White Sands Test Facility
Las Cruces, NM

Hi Troy06

May I suggest that your format locations are not in the correct location for you printers or plotters. If you mess around with the locations you can position them so they print out in the correct location. One BIG thing to note, if you move your formats this will effect all current drawings and will not line up with your views or tables.

I only recommend doing this if you do not have very many drawings created in ProE.

Tofflemire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back