Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pro/e shaded parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

stehill

Mechanical
Nov 23, 2004
GB
I have a pro/e drawing containing a view of my assembly and its constituent parts.

The drawing view is just std HLR.

I want to highlight critical components so how do I select them and shade/colour-fill them?

(Using Pro/E 2001)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In a drawing (at least in ProE 2001), you cannot display a component in shade mode, but you an change the color:

Go to Disp Mode -> Member Disp -> Style -> Picked View (or This Sheet or All Views) -> User Color -> Set. Choose your color from the pallete on the screen and hit Done.

Good luck.

-Hora

'tis true, in Pro E 2001, WF1 and WF2, it is not possible to shade components in a drawing.

It possible in WF3 though...well that's what I heard. I'm still on WF2. We have WF3 here but we're too scared to install it.

Hydromech

> too scared
Starting to sound like John 'the cave man' Hayes. `;^)

I haven't seen WF3. Is it possible to shade discrete
components?

- - - - - -

SteHill,
I've done similar by simply changing the viewed assy
display style to phantom then changing discrete
component display back to Standard. Might try
something like that or change display color to plot
lighter, etc.

I don't used the word 'scared' lightly.

Our company headquarters is based in England, but we have design facilities in the US, India and China and they all have controlled access to our server and drawings.

With PRO E not being backwards compatible and with us having thousands of drawings, upgrading without crashing the system would be tricky.

We don't have intralink or any similar system, just write protection on drawings and models that have been released for manufacture.

I was being facetious.
The only people that recommend immediate migration to a
new release are low end re-sellers. What you describe,
though, might keep you at the current release indefinitely.

I hope not, I hate the menu driven features and with every release they get fewer and fewer.

We have WF3, it's in a shiny silver box on the shelf...I can't wait to get it going.

I just can't see it happening...

I have WF3 M040 installed but am not using it yet. I just pulled up an assembly drawing and changed an exploded isometric view display from hidden line to shaded. All the components are shaded with the colors as seen in the assembly. I do not see any way to selectively shade some parts and not others. There is an option under View States for Combined States but there are none in my model and I'm not sure what that functionality would do. May be something that requires Pro/Process or AAX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back