Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRO/E to SW

Status
Not open for further replies.

werks

Mechanical
May 2, 2001
US
Need some advice. I have a PRO/E model that I was sure we could convert to SW 2003. When I attempt to convert I get the message "...download and install the PRO/E decrypter from the SW subscription Support website."

I've had no luck. Any suggestions?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can use PTC Product Express (for free) to read and convert Pro/E files to IGES.

[bat]I may make you feel, but I can't make you think.[bat]

wilton,

I found that Solidworks 2004 is able to translate ProE files better than SW2003. If you have a licence please give it a try.

Regards,

Emil

As far as I am aware, the only Pro-E decrypting conversion in SW 2004 was in the Beta test program.

Pro-E got to be their usual egotistical, greeedy, prima donna, selfish, b..t hole selves and wanted many times what it is worth for a "licence" to decrypt their databases. So SW understandably told them to go to you know where.

In a CAD world that demands more and more open databases, common formats and file sharing, it is amazing how neantherthal Pro_E can be, but then if you recruit use car sales men what do you expect? No wonder the company is going down the tubes. It is sad to see, but they have make every clssic "big" CAD company mistake possible over the years - you would think they would look at and pay attention to the history of the business.

OK - I'm fine now......

I was - and he did. So at least I didn't get coal.....
OK, OK, It's a reference to my holiday sig. "Be naughty - Save Santa a trip..."

SWX 2004 SP01 added the ability to directly read a Pro-file. I think it is the first production release of SWX to have this. All prior versions were betas.

- - -Dennyd

All prior versions didn't have the decryptor. So where you got it, I don't I know, but it wasn't with the SW in 03. As Dennyd posted SW04 SP1.0 is the ONLY release that had the Decryptor in it.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [borg2]
CSWP.jpg

faq731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back