Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pro/E using dropbox to sync files between sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceoli

Mechanical
Oct 27, 2010
GB
I have just joined a new company and my role is to start up an internal design office. The company has been outsourcing all its design work for the last 4-5 Years. The intention is to gradually run down the outsorced design work over a period of 6-9 months and ramp up the inhouse design.

We are too small to think about using intralink, so we have thought to use dropbox to sync the files between the two sites has anyone had any experiance with this?

The two sites wouldn't be working on the same project at the same time however common parts would be shared.

We have thought to simply have one shared folder which would hold all the parts and assemblies and any new or changed files would automatically be synced.

Has anyone got any experiance with this? I have always used intralink and I don't have very much experiance with using working directories so any comments on how to structure the folders would be appriciated.

Also we currently have approx 5GB of CAD data.

Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back