Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pro/E Wildfire Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtlebo

Mechanical
Sep 2, 2004
US
Can anyone recommend a good mouse to use for ProE Wildfire 2.0. i need to buy some new ones for my company. Has anyone tried the Logitech MX 510? I definitely want something with an extra button so i can program it to be the "Shift" key for easy panning. Any thoughts? thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have a Micro$oft one that has 2 extra buttons on either side. It cost around $25 I believe. I have the 2 buttons programmed as Ctrl and Shift keys. They also act as back and forward buttons when I browse the web, and as a reload/alternate attack in Quake 3 (wait, did I say that?)

The Logitech you mentioned looks like it has a lot of extra bells* and whistles (holographic finish?) that add to its cost. If you have a lot to buy, you might want to save a bit of money and go for one that's a bit simpler. It looks like its one of those mice that is a right hand only model, personally, I find those mice annoying (almost as annoying as the little laptop mouse I once had that our cat wanted to eat).

*On second thought, a wireless mouse with a little beeper that lets you find the dang thing wouldn't be such a bad idea.

I have a logitech MX700 for about a year now and it is the best. Wireless, rechargable (the base transmitter is the charger). It has two buttons on the left side and the roller has one in front of it and one behind it for 'turbo-scroll' which is VERY HANDY. The ones that have buttons one both sides are too hard to rest your hand on without clicking something when you don't want to. You must try this mouse - it is great and you will know this from the first time you put your hand on it. The next model (MX1000) has a side scolliing feature built into the roller that is annoying when you want to middle-click something. Good luck with your search - don't settle for a lightweight, cheap mouse. You have to use these all day and the wrong mouse will kill your shoulder and wrist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back